State Theatre of Ithaca is currently Seeking a Box Office Associate!
Description: The State Theatre of Ithaca is currently seeking a Box Office Associate. This position is often the first point of contact for State Theatre ticket buyers. They are responsible for selling tickets to customers in person and over the phone. They will also provide information to potential customers in person, by telephone and through email. Information that will be shared includes performance schedules, locations of events, various pricing levels and seating arrangements, box office policies, and answering general questions about the theatre and downtown Ithaca. Individual will also assist with general office work as assigned.
The Box Office Associate is a 10-month position with a generous benefits package including health insurance and paid time off. This position reports to the Director of Operations. State Theatre of Ithaca Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply. All candidates must be fully vaccinated from the Covid-19 virus as a key component of this position is dealing with the general public in person.
Please send a cover letter and resume by 4 PM on Friday, August 13th to email@example.com with “Box Office Associate” in the title of the email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The main priority of the Box Office Customer Relations Specialist is to provide a high and professional standard of customer care that reflects the mission statement of the State Theatre. This is especially important as they are the first point of contact for the public and must act as a welcoming presence for visitors to the building.
- Serving customers both over the phone and in person for tickets to events at The State Theatre of Ithaca. Providing information on all current shows, films, and memberships, the prices of all these and other possible events taking place at the State Theatre. General knowledge of artists scheduled to perform is also helpful.
- Ability to resolve routine problems regarding ticket sales.
- Must be able to accurately balance cash receipts.
- Attend Staff meetings when necessary.
- Assist in other STI operational needs when required.
Qualifications: Must be a highly organized, energetic, team-oriented individual with a positive attitude and a strong commitment to outstanding customer service with the ability to communicate effectively. The position will include mandatory night and weekend shifts according to the schedule of the State Theatre. Demonstrate skill and accuracy in handling cash and credit card transactions, balance and reconcile operating drawers at end of each shift. All candidates must be fully vaccinated from the Covid-19 virus as a key component of this position is dealing with the general public in person.